• Braunschweig Integrated Centre of Systems Biology (BRICS)
• Centre for Individualised Infection Medicine (CiiM)
• German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Cultures (DSMZ)
• Fraunhofer ITEM Institute for Toxicology and Experimental Medicine
• Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI)
• Leibniz University Hannover (LUH)
• Hannover Medical School (MHH)
• Ostfalia University of Applied Sciences (Ostfalia)
• Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology University Library (TIB)
• University of Veterinary Medicine, Foundation (TiHo)
• Technische Universität Braunschweig (TUBS)
• TWINCORE, Centre for Experimental and Clinical Infection Research
The requirement for applying to BIOMEDAS is an already agreed doctoral project at one of our partner institutions or a position as a doctoral student.
The programme itself does not offer any doctoral positions.
BIOMEDAS is addressed to students who are interested in combining disciplinary knowledge with skills in biomedical data science. These can be either computer scientists or life scientists who already have a training in bioinformatics and are interested in developing their
career in biomedical data science.
In order to be registered to the PhD program, a successfully completed university degree in computer science related fields (e.g. medical computer science, bioinformatics, physics, engineering, computer science, statistics, mathematics) or in health science related fields (e.g. medicine, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, life sciences) is mandatory. Applicants from the field of computer science have to demonstrate an adequate understanding of biomedical research, while applicants from the field of health sciences have to demonstrate competence in data science. The proof must be submitted to the programme commission, which may propose further qualification measures in consultation with the supervisor.
Interested students are requested to send a written application (CV, a letter of motivation, a short explanation of the scientific background and a one-page project description) to biomedas@twincore. de
An already coordinated research project in one of the participating institutions is mandatory. Within the Strategy Board, the applications will be reviewed every three months, personal interviews with the candidates will be conducted if necessary and the final selection will be made.